Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Oh, What a Night"

Last night was the 59th annual Primetime Emmy Awards hosted by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. I am not an avid awards show watcher but I do enjoy these celebrations. There is nothing like rich, successful television stars congratulating each other on his or her accomplishments. Ryan Secrest was the host for the evening which included his great stage presence, clever wit, and ability to hold a crowd's attention. Some of the presenters included Patrick Dempsey, Sally Field, John Goodman, Queen Latifah, and Ray Ramano.
One of my favorite things about awards shows is that they often feature wonderful musical acts. Last night included a wonderful performance by Tony Bennett and Christina Aguilera of "Out with my Baby" which was incredible. Another one of my favorite performances was the Jersey Boys. The group is a collection of four guys who wanted to tell the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. They were the 2006 Tony Award Winner for Best Musical and one of Broadway's biggest successes. They feature songs such as "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," and "Oh, What a Night." I am an avid fan of Broadway musicals and I cannot wait to see this production!

No comments: