Monday, October 1, 2007

Oh, Capri. She's beauty.

I have two brothers and a sister. My oldest brother has a little girl and a little boy, the most beautiful children in the world. My sister is now pregnant with her first child, which will be a boy named Owen. I'm sure he will be just as beautiful as my other niece and nephew. I am really close to my niece, Chloe, and am growing closer to my nephew, Zach (he is only 6 weeks old). And although I love my niece and nephew I am very excited about little Owen that will grace us with his presence at the end of January. My sister is my best friend and I know she is going to be such a good mommy. One of my newest album purchases is "Coco" by Colbie Caillat. Her light and ever changing song selections make the entire album easy to listen to. (I've always said if you can sit and listen to an entire album, you know the artist has true talent.) One song on her album is called "Capri" and is about a lady who is pregnant and how careful she is so that her baby will grow strong and healthy. As soon as I heard this song I automatically thought of my sister, even though "Capri" is a girl and Owen is a boy. Try to find an album that you can relate to. Music is about relationships. Whether it is a relationship with a loved one, a family member, a close friend, or even yourself, music tells it all and everyone can relate.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Aww. That is so sweet. I loved that song, it almost made me cry