Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hop-along


I have had some knee problems the past 5 years. After playing softball my whole life, then going to college and my activity level dropping, the pains caught up to me. Come to find out, the bone that is right under my knee cap is actually attached slightly off (it is supposed to be aligned with your 2nd toe, mine is aligned with the floor). So, dear Dr. Thomas here in Franklin, TN decided that the only way to fix the problem (problem being constant pain and discomfort for 3 years) was to go in and move that bone. So, Friday morning I go in to have that done. When I came out Dr. Thomas informed me that he didn't have to move the bone, which was great! I was afraid that since he hadn't done what he originally said I would be back in the same place in 3 years. BUT, there was so much scar tissue under my knee cap that is was pushing it way over. When he cleaned out the scar tissue and trimmed the tendons on the outside of my knee, my knee cap slid right back into place. The Doc said my knee cap was beautiful and perfect and would be great from then on. So, now I'm going on day 2 of PT. I have to walk with a straight brace, I'm bruised, swollen and sore, but doing great!! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to hear the surgery was a not as bad as expected! how are you healing up?

Shelly Pruitt said...

your ankles and feet are tiny...FYI